Kuberoke is a group of events organised by members of the community. We aim to create a safe environment for everyone, but particularly focus on prioritising the most vulnerable.
As such, we ask that everyone adhere to the below Code of Conduct.
It applies to all Kuberoke events, social media posts and this discord server.
The point of Kuberoke is to have an enjoyable time together as a community after hours. However, we still - to some extent - consider these to be a professional events. As such, we expect professional behaviour from all participants.
We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding discrimination and aggressive behaviour such as:
- Racism, Anti-Semitism, Xenophobia
- Homophobia, Transphobia, any bigotry against LGBTQ+ folks as well as queer erasure (i.e. questioning folks’ self-labelling as queer)
- Ableism (usage of ableist slurs, harassing people for their physical properties), unwanted comments about people’s health status
- Harassment, unwanted advances, crossing stated boundaries Violators will be removed immediately and possibly banned from all future events.
Additionally, we also forbid:
- Teasing, embarrassing or otherwise making folks uncomfortable for their personal choices (i.e. song choices, refusing to consume alcohol, technology choices, etc)
- Songs which heavily feature bigotry or sexual violence in the title and/or lyrics
If you notice anyone violating the Code of Conduct, please do not hesitate to report this immediately to the @team or directly to the organiser of the event. You can find the event organiser in the description of the events’ channel.
You can also find the contact information on the Kuberoke website https://kuberoke.love/
The organising team reserves the right to evaluate the appropriate steps on a case-by-case basis. Possible consequences include:
- A verbal warning
- Cutting the violator off from alcoholic drinks
- Removing the violator from the event
- Permanent ban from all future Kuberoke events